Looking to go fishing in Jervis Bay? Employ a kayak or sailboat, sign up with an angling trip or cruise on an exclusive charter and also value the coastal beauty of the Shoalhaven. The region is residence to a few of the globe’s whitest sands, crystal clear waters and the superb Jervis Bay Marine Park. From May to November, whale seeing tours depart from Huskisson.
With Discover Jervis Bay Luxury Sailing, you’ll appreciate sensational sights, area bottlenose dolphins and stop for lunch on a silent beach. These watercrafts are offered for exclusive charter if you choose and are run by Dolphin Watch Cruises, who likewise use sailing, swimming, snorkelling and also dolphin view experiences.
Trip down the sheltered waters of Currambene Creek on Jervis Bay Wild’s Pontoon Boat, or explore the inlets south of Jervis Bay by hiring a watercraft, kayak or stand-up paddle board from the Sussex Inlet Marine Centre. St Georges Basin has superb boating centers. The Sussex Inlet and Basin Yacht Club holds races and also regattas year-round.
Callala Bay hosts a regatta on the October vacation. You can watch from the shore or bring your very own watercraft to complete. Jervis Bay Cruising Yacht Club runs an annual cruise ship from Jervis Bay to Ulladulla over Easter, while the Vincentia Sailing Club races small catamarans most Sundays from September to April.
Employ a watercraft or kayak from South Coast Retreat at Greenwell Point as well as explore the scenic Shoalhaven and also Crookhaven rivers, travelling up with gorgeous bushland as well as cliffs. Greater than 50km of the Shoalhaven River is navigable by watercraft and also it’s a terrific means to absolutely submerse yourself in nature.
Jervis Bay is house to Jervis Bay Marine Park, a devoted aquatic park that makes certain the conservation of sea habitats and types, while enabling leisure fishers plenty to appreciate. The bay is famous for its land-based game angling or Simos Afloat can take you on a deep sea fishing trip.
Another top place for deep sea fishing is Ulladulla, a commercial fishing harbour given that the 1800s and renowned for its annual Blessing of the Fleet celebration. Get on a deep sea charter with Ulladulla Fishing Charters for a possibility to capture marlin, tuna or jewfish. Freshwater enthusiasts should head to Tallowa Dam and also the upper Shoalhaven River.
Toss a line in at Lake Conjola, Lake Tabourie and also Burrill Lake– an unwinded alternative for those that want to make a day of it angling from a kayak or tinny. St Georges Basin is a sheltered South Coast estuary which includes bream, flathead and dressmaker. Checking out the edges by watercraft is best.
Fishing in Jervis Bay – Should Do’s
- Go To Sussex Inlet Marine Centre
- Take a tour with Jervis Bay Wild
- Hire a kayak at Alonga Boat Hire
- Sign up with an Ulladulla angling charter
- Discover Jervis Bay Luxury Sailing
- Work with a boat at Lake Conjola
- Discover More
- Great beaches
- Wonderful bushwalks
- Whale and also dolphin watching
- Boating and also angling
- Delicious food and also red wine
- Scenic inland touring
- Outdoor journey
- Coastal outdoor camping
- Animal friendly vacations
- Luxury runs away
- In This Section
- Bawley Point
- Callala Bay
- Culburra Beach
- Hyams Beach
- Jervis Bay
- Kangaroo Valley
- Lake Conjola
- Shoalhaven Heads
- St Georges Basin
- Sussex Inlet
- Fishing Safety Widget
- Fishing Safety
By legislation, you are needed to use a life jacket or buoyancy vest while rock angling in some areas of NSW, as well as it is suggested that you use a buoyancy vest for lake, river and sea fishing. Please see the Water Safety NSW site for more information.
Please consider the following safety and security ideas when fishing:
- Choose a refuge where there are no dangers
- Be extremely cautious when walking on rocks as they can be unsafe, and rogue waves can be uncertain.
- Never fish alone as well as constantly watch the waves
- Be aware of the tides and also weather
- Wear ideal footwear, apparel as well as head security.
- Bring a float and line to help any person cleaned in
Adhere to these added safety and security pointers in all times when rock angling:
- Never turn your back on the sea or sea
- Inform family or friends of your plans
- Always hang out seeing the conditions before angling, as well as check for transforming problems.
- Examine tides, swell and climate condition prior to setting out and never fish in revealed areas during harsh or big seas.
- Carry security gear such as ropes, a float and torches.
- Keep in mind the place of and also accessibility to life buoys where they exist
- Strategy a getaway route in case you’re washed in
- Don’t place on your own in jeopardy if someone else is cleaned into the water
- Carry a smart phone
See the Recreational Fishing Alliance of NSW web site to find out more on staying risk-free while Fishing in Jervis Bay.