Tooloom Falls camping is quite the magical spot and a super-easy campground to find when using Google maps. If travelling from up north the drive from the Gold Coast area along the Mount Lindsay Highway is quite spectacular as well.
This spot has quite an amazing view, the campground itself has a direct view of Tooloom Falls itself. There is somewhat of a majestic feel to falling asleep to the sounds of a waterfall.
Each campsite has make do fire pits with some of the campsites having actual legitimate open fires with BBQ plates to cook on.
In the dry season, it can become a little dusty as there can be a lack of grass in the area. It is recommended to bring extra tarps to cover floor areas.
The campsite and surrounding areas is a boon for wildlife. Expect to see wildlife such as possums, cockatoos and echidnas. With that said also be cautious of snakes in the area as well especially around banks of the creek.
It is the perfect spot during winter as it doesn’t get too cold at night and in the summertime makes for a great spot to cool down in the water hole. There are plenty of opportunities to do hiking in the area also.
RATED 4.5/5 – Check Google Reviews
Details about Tooloom Falls Free camping NSW site
- Location on Google Maps from Sydney
- Distance from Sydney: 9 Hours 15 mins – 820 kms – much closer to Brisbane
- 7F6C+2J Kangaroo Valley, New South Wales
- Close to bush and rivers.
- Access: sealed roads.
- Suitable for: Tents, caravans, camper trailers, big rigs
- Facilities: Toilets, BBQ, firepits, picnic tables, shaded
- Pet-Friendly: Yes with conditions